View Single Post
Old July 1, 1999, 04:42 PM   #19
Cheapo

Rob--

I agree that in general, concealed should be emphasized, just not to the exclusion of other deployment situations.

Gun in hand actually makes more sense than it first appears. Read the Rifleman's "Armed Citizen" and you'll see quite a few situations where the homeowner hears or sees something fishy and is investigating...

Talk about a situation where the "do right" rule applies! You suspect something's amiss, retreating is impractical because the family's spread out in three rooms and you don't even know if there's really a threat (though sometimes it's rather clear), and you have compelling personal reasons to advance and systematically clear every room in the house.

Do I hear "slice the pie?"

A nasty driver once stopped ahead of me after I completely disengaged and pulled into the emergency lane of the freeway. He and his companion got out. I was alone. I gunned the engine and backed up 10-15 yards. Twice. Heavy traffic made repeated backing up unwise--even being parked was slightly hazardous.

I had my hand on the gun and a round chambered long before he had a chance to approach. Good thing for him he 1. produced no firearm, 2. did not approach to the danger zone, and 3. did not try to break my windows out.

Speed of draw in important and often determines the outcome (especially when combined with a first shot that goes true to aim), but it is often not a factor at all.

Speedy and correct shoot/no shoot decisions *are* very important.

So, Rob, how do you keep your gun stored at home? Practiced deploying it from that mode? Hope so!

BTW, have you fired that match with no sights yet? I'm rather curious (having had good success at 15 yards just playing around).

------------------
Let us never forget that the only legitimate source of government power is the citizens. If WE cannot exercise a certain power, we cannot grant it to the state.

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries