View Single Post
Old December 6, 2008, 07:44 AM   #18
BIGR

Forget the 20 GA. and get a good rifle like a 30.06 or similar caliber. Theres places in those mountains that would make a mountain goat struggle.
simonkenton, I have been there done that. I have hunted the area you live in for years ( lived there all my life and I have to say this mountain man will die there). It can be some of the most challenging whitetail deer hunting in the US due to its rough terrain and lack of food sources. To kill a buck in that area is a major accomplishment for sure. I have hunted for weeks and never seen the first Buck and froze my rear off. I have to admit though deer are showing up in areas where they were not in years ago. It could be due to the migration of new people moving onto the moutian tops, pushing them around. Are you native to that area? I have to say that I rarely hunt Madison County anymore and travel to the eastern part of the state to do my deer killing. And you mentioned doe branch, yea I have stomped those mountains out before along with Mills Ridge, Max Patch and Rich Mountain. I stopped hunting public lands years ago and try to stay on private land.

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries