View Single Post
Old January 2, 2008, 12:21 PM   #17
ISC

I'd guess that a photographers vest would have the pockets and loops optimately sized to fit a photographer's equipment and accessories. I would think that if a vest is being marketed as a survival, tactical, or safari vest it might be optimized differently. I don't know, I have load bearing vests that I have to wear as part of my uniform, but I prefer an old school H harness when I can get away with it.

I like blade and notch sights on a shotgun, it's helpful when I'm making well aimed shots and doesn't get in thw way for rapid shots. I have no use for scopes or other gadgets on a scattergun though.

I think previous posters nailed it on the head when they described how overused the term "tactical" is, but it is a fitting way to describe the difference between the way you'd reload or shoot at the range versus the way you'd do it in a life threatening situation.

Main Entry: tac·ti·cal
Pronunciation: \ˈtak-ti-kəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1570
1: of or relating to combat tactics: as a (1): of or occurring at the battlefront <a tactical defense> <a tactical first strike> (2): using or being weapons or forces employed at the battlefront <tactical missiles> bof an air force : of, relating to, or designed for air attack in close support of friendly ground forces
2 a: of or relating to tactics: as (1): of or relating to small-scale actions serving a larger purpose (2): made or carried out with only a limited or immediate end in view b: adroit in planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose Tactical refers to Some weapons and gear have a more tactical use and

Page generated in 0.02110 seconds with 8 queries