View Single Post
Old March 3, 1999, 10:07 PM   #22
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

David,
Welcome aboard ! You have an excellent site and what looks to be some very fine products. Also, I am glad to see another maker willing to make Kydex holsters for revolvers. I would very much like to see how you make yours. As for the rest; I go back and forth as to the pros and cons of the tension screws with Kydex holsters. In most circumstances for most weapons I am of the opinion that a properly formed and constructed holster that is riveted and fixed at the proper tension will yield the best performance. More "snap and pop" if you will and less drag on the draw. However, you certainly have a point with regard to wide spreads in tolerances among some models. One of the hardest to nail down are the various 1911's as there are so many different makers. For such weapons the tension screws are a good choice for the reasons that you state. Other weapons such as the Glock models are remarkably identical and present no problems in the area of fit from weapon to weapon and holster to holster. For this reason most of our holsters are riveted but are available at the customers request with tension adjustable screws. I like to offer what is, in my opinion, the absolute best holster with regard to fit, finish and function but will still make them the way they are requested.

Page generated in 0.03629 seconds with 8 queries