View Single Post
Old March 10, 2009, 07:18 PM   #31
shredmandan

Simple Vibrator Plans That Work

I have a set of plans I developed about 25 years ago and used to sell "kits" and plans for a vibratory cleaner - The basic idea is pretty simple and it WORKS - I still have one of the units and just tired it for brass polishing - IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP - never had thought of it for this purpose before!! Anyway take an inline electric pad sander - turn the sucker upside down (my plans had the sander built inside an (easily built) wooden box) then put a Rubbermaid - (if I remember correctly like 15 quart - rectangular container with lid) - throw the top on fire it up for a couple hours and bingo. I happen to have a Sears pad sander (takes about a 1/3rd of a full sheet of paper). Probably still have the plans around somewhere and if I can find them I will be glad to post them - these do work - I sold these in the back of Pop Mechanics for 4 or 5 years some time ago - wore out a table saw cutting out kits for these. So if you have access to one of these sanders break it out and for a few bucks you can have yourself a nice brass cleaner - the deal on the Midways for $39.95 is pretty good though!!

If you have any questions let me know!

Page generated in 0.03863 seconds with 8 queries