View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 03:27 PM   #8
Kmar40

I have the 22/410 for my daughter. Works well. Probably wish I had the 22/20 due to the ammunition costs. 410 is pretty pricey compared to 20 or 12.

I don't know what the concern is with Rossi triggers. I've felt horrible triggers certain older Rossi revolvers, but the single shot we have has a decent trigger on par with my old HR.

HR does not have a rimfire and shotgun combo, but they do have an exchange program where you can add additional barrels with certain caveats. (The centerfire frame--SB2--can handle a shotgun barrel or other centerfire barrels. The shotgun barrel can handle other shotgun barrels but not a rimfire or shotgun barrel. The rimfire barrel can handle other rimfire barrels.) The frame must be sent to HR to allow for gunsmith assembly and checking the headspace. http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

The Rossi is quite interesting in that the off center rimfire bore allows it to fire rimfire cartridges in a centerfire gun. However, Rossi does NOT have a spare barrel program (no link because it doesn't exist ) and just adding a barrel from another gun would be dangerous without getting the headspace checked. You must buy the Rossi gun from the factory with the barrels you want.

The first guns my brother and I had were HRs. I just love the feel of those HR or Rossi singleshots. They bring back many wonderful memories.

Last edited by Kmar40; August 13, 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02797 seconds with 8 queries