View Single Post
Old June 28, 2014, 08:05 PM   #36
tahunua001

it's an interesting dynamic to be sure. on one hand, they are an arm of the government and the possibility of a police state is always there. however, they are not an arm of the federal government which means that they don't have to obey and executive orders should SHTF, like for instance, leave their jurisdiction to protect another region, or fight for any particular side in a civil war.

if you would have asked me a couple years ago I would have said it was a bad thing but believe it or not I had an epiphany while playing a video game. in this video game a fictitious military/terrorist agency attacks a major population center and because the local police agencies don't have as much training, armor, or weaponry at their disposal they are essentially annihilated while trying to defend the city. as unrealistic as such a scenario may sound, it is a very real threat and should any part of the US be attacked, it would take national guard several hours if not days to mobilize and establish a strategy, during which it is up to the police to protect and serve. in that case, I would welcome some training, full autos, and armored vehicles.

Page generated in 0.02215 seconds with 8 queries