View Single Post
Old October 4, 2013, 08:35 AM   #53
F. Guffey

Snow Dog, Thanks for sharing, took two of my red and white banded rifles to the range along with the ‘ugly one’ and the Eddystone with the long chamber that went through UTAH and was stamped with EK. There was a shooter with all new equipment and a black rifle sitting next to me, he wanted attention so I gave him some. During the test firing, I did not notice a Chinese man from Taiwan walk up behind me and wait patiently, during a cease fire he introduced himself and informed me his father used the M1917 in China when a member of the Nationalist army. I thought that would be a test of memory for the son to remember what his father used and I wondered how he recognized the rifles with changed configurations. He explained it had nothing to do with memory, he pointed to his father that was standing behind the line, he said his father pointed the old rifles out to him. I offered to allow him to shoot any and all of the rifles I had me. When his father escaped China, Taiwan was called Formosa.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02002 seconds with 8 queries