View Single Post
Old October 24, 2005, 07:32 PM   #10
Daniel BOON

Oscar the Rott

Hi again....
I didn't realize I would get so much input so quickly; Oscar is a 6 yr old male rescue. He has a abusive backround (X-owner is now in prison for domestic violence) when I got him he was totally out of control; the peckerwood that had him from birth trained him as a police dog/military dog; Rotts do not respond well to that type of training, there is no need to, they do it naturally.
BUT......they do need be very well socialized, especially around kids and other dogs, in that order. my dog is deathly afraid of out 8 oz African Grey parrot, but will eat any animal he deems a danger to himself or the family. 4 legs or two; so good training is esscencial, as it is with any dog;
any how, I found a lady who had a security company for 10 yrs, on the docks of seattle, without one bite; she has helped me train with Oscar for the last 8 months, and he has made a complete turn around;
as far as the owner making bad decisions with a Rott; We live in a large apt. complex outside Las Vegas. its the only complex that will allow large breed dogs. I.E pitts, boxers, Danes,Oscar has yet to get into a fight; has not bitten any kids/adults, and has good social manners. but.......he will not allow anybody to approach closely, either on his daily walk, or riding in the SUV... for the most part he ignores people/dogs but is always watchful.
I have 2 weapons in every room, but I'm glad Oscar is on duty day and night.
Dobes? I love them..
if anybody needs a trainer, or just wants to ask ?? let me know....
my e-male is [email protected]. be sure to put something interesting in the box title. so i'll know who is knocking........game over.

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries