View Single Post
Old August 7, 2017, 02:12 PM   #11
Mike38

Quote:
FITASC wrote;
A lot will depend on YOUR eyes and how well you see, as well as your eye dominance.
Well said!

Best you can do OhioGuy, is try every variation imaginable and find what's best for you. What I do may not work for you. What you do may not work for me. I've got weird eyes and an even weirder brain to go with it. When I shoot with both eyes open, I see two targets. One would think the clearer of the two would be the actual target, but it's not. I suppose if I trained myself at which target was the actual one, I'd do fine. Then to top it off, I have to tip my head back to look through the bottom of my bi-focals. Okay for self defense use, but not okay for serious competitive target shooting. For that I wear clip on flip up reading glasses over the top of my bi-focals. I put matte finish / semi transparent tape on the lens of my non aiming eye, and shoot both eyes open. I do bi monthly train with my carry pistol, and don't use the clip on readers or tape to simulate self defense. I close my left eye for that.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries