View Single Post
Old December 26, 2013, 02:15 PM   #24
totalloser

Wow Lost Sheep, thanks for the clarification on these models.

I have a couple things to add to that: I have the aluminum base "Deluxe" apparently, and seeing this thread made me take a much closer look at it. I quickly came to the same conclusion that the "Classic" will last longer.

But this was not based on the diameter of the ram or the aluminum base. I would wager that the first thing to wear out will be the pivot link hole on the operating lever. It pivots the most and has the most deflected force out of all the components. Made me think of a plan to deal with it when the time comes- probably bore it out and press in a steel sleeve when (if) the day ever comes.

Also, the Classic not only appears to have a larger ram, but the ram looks to have a chrome hard coat. For my application the cheaper Deluxe is probably fine since I almost exclusively use it as a support press. But if I had noticed the differences, I probably would have bought the Classic.

Knowing this, I would also advise the Classic over my Deluxe for someone who might do *significant* loading without "upgrading" to a progressive.

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries