View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 09:13 PM   #8
kmw1954

Thanks guys for the encouragement and support, hope the moderators will tolerate this being a bit OFF Topic but it does effect my whole room where I reload.

I do have experience with industrial electrics and 480v 3phz, residential not so much. With this I have no clue where anything is going. Haven't found anything that looks like a junction box.

What I know. There is a breaker in the panel marked upstairs. Form what O know the wiring is going from the panel straight up the wall into one room. That room has 2 outlets and a ceiling fixture. Power from the outlet closest to the panel that looks as if it is being used as a junction box with 2 wires coming in and 4 going out. 2 go up to the ceiling and then down to the other side of the room. 2 wires I believe are going out to a receptacle in the family room, which has power. That box also has 2 wires going out, to where I have no idea yet. The rest of the whole upstairs is dead.

At this point I'm at a loss as I don't know where this voltage is coming from or how this is all run. There is no rhyme or reason to this wiring. No color code, hodgepodge of different sizes of wire, even different wire types. Kind of looks like whoever did it was using leftovers or whatever they could get their hands on.. Don't know if this is good or bad but it is all pulled thru conduit.

I have not tried testing with the breaker off for that stray voltage but will do in the morning.

Page generated in 0.03192 seconds with 8 queries