View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 10:00 AM   #12
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
The 45 xds is pushing the limits on small 45 acp design. There is a lotta "lift" with powerful loads, and like a lot of small pistols it requires a tight grip.
I remember listening to a Springfield rep on a podcast of a radio interview a bunch of years ago. This was after the XD45 had come out, but before the XDM, XDS or Mod 2.

Caller called in asking if they were going to have a .45 subcompact. The Springfield rep replied that they were having trouble getting the recoil assembly right, for reliablity, in the 3" subcompact size.

So I guess they never did, and settled on the 3.3 inch for (first) the XDS45, and later the .45 Mod 3 version of the XD. Thus, also, some of the feeding issues early users of the XDS were having, that I alluded to above.

Quote:
To Lee,

I am using a RN and it may be seated too high. The way I cleared the round was to lightly pull back on the slide until it came loose. No apparent deformity to the bullet.
Over the years I've run into a bunch of subtleties with loading the .45, that I had to solve. In a sense .45ACP is easy, a great big cup for powder. In a sense, it's not because you run into things like this.

BTW, I have run cast lead SWC .45 in mine, with no problem.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; May 10, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03237 seconds with 8 queries