View Single Post
Old November 22, 2013, 09:19 AM   #43
Don P

Quote:
Justifying that requires that there is simultaneously no threat and that a threat exists.

If there's no threat then it doesn't matter how one reloads. If there is a threat then one needs to reload as rapidly as possible and dropping a partially loaded mag is of no consequence.

It's only when there is a threat and there is no threat simultaneously that it makes sense to keep the partially loaded mag (because of the threat) and take your time doing the reload (because there is no threat).
As far as tack reloads in my opinion, shooting to slide lock is my choice. Under the stress of a gun fight reloading at slide lock if needed will be enough of a challenge. In the gun fight I would not want to "assume" and we all know what that spells out to be that it is safe to take my time and perform a tack reload.
Shooting to slide lock is my choice if and when (hopefully never will be needed)
IDPA rules read for the tack/reload with retention when there is a lull in the action. Poppy-cock if you ask me. The only time in real life I will drop a mag with ammo in it if there is a malfunction and that is the only way to clear it.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.

Page generated in 0.08818 seconds with 8 queries