View Single Post
Old August 10, 2001, 12:11 AM   #16
Alex Johnson

I think I would be inclined to start with the Ruger Blackhawk and work from there. A nice color case hardened frame and the rest rust blued, some nice english walnut, hmm, sounds kind of interesting now. The one thing that I would probably consider would be eliminating the idea of a forestock. It's true that you probably don't have to worry too much about the old time scare of multiple discharges as applied to the percussion revolvers, but gas leakage from the barrel cylinder gap would be a consideration. At the least it could cause you to lose a few shirts at the cuff area, but at worst it could give you some pretty nasty burns to contend with. Better to support the gun behind the barrel or to fire it from a rest. Oh also getting back to my dream image, a half round half octagon barrel al la Colt Dragoon would be really neat.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Mark Twain

Page generated in 0.03220 seconds with 8 queries