View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 09:25 PM   #12
rodfac

The failure to fire problem with Marlin 336's is not confined to the .35 Remington...the .30-30's and .32 Specials suffer from it as well...not all of 'em, but enough that it gets some attention on the Marlin Owner's site. Those guys have come up with a cpl fixes, ones that I use with both of my Marlins:

1. Keep the firing pin race in the bolt super clean (no oil whatsoever), and ...
2. I've replaced the two piece Marlin factory firing pin with a single piece piece pin...problem solved.

That two piece firing pin, while a safety feature in the eyes of a design engineer and probably with the lawyer crowd...cushions the hammer blow...a little oil, some powder residue, a smidge under in headspace, and you've got a FTF. Check some of your fired brass, even the ones that fired on the first try...bet you find some with a light, shallow pin imprint.

Best Regards, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03088 seconds with 8 queries