View Single Post
Old September 7, 2009, 05:55 PM   #181
RsqVet

Fiddletown --

Duly noted on the Fish case, HOWEVER a self defense argument is based on the total situation, you have recounted only the moment of the shot. By similar logic I could go and provoke a fight, and then draw, fire and claim self defense.

My issue with Fish comes mostly from his actions and choices throughout the incident in sum total --- he had a stick in his hand, yet chose to drop that, and fire a "warning shot". Not exactly a good idea, sounds like the response was one of a person perhaps too quick on the gun, same goes for when they guy ran up to him. How was the other party supposed to act with someone shooting at his dogs? I'll grant you I'm going to kill you is an extream thing to say but Fish uncorked that genie bottle when he chose a warning shot over something else, say stick in one hand, gun in the other... see what happens, bop said animal on the nose, then shoot if warranted?

I agree the whole thing is tragic and that the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle but believe me I was hardly impressed with his statements, and think he really could have made some better choices.

Page generated in 0.03904 seconds with 8 queries