View Single Post
Old August 11, 2008, 11:07 PM   #12
Nnobby45

Quote:
I have progressive. I've learned where the front sight is in focus, and I adjust my head angle accordingly.

Same here. Progressives can bring anything into focus as you learn to use them. For target shooting, I adjust my head up or down, as mentioned above, and bring the front sight into sharp focus. Works well for precise target work.

However, it isn't a practical solution to combat shooting, since the focus point is very limited, and must be just perfect. For anything but sighting in guns and varifying the zero, I shoot the fuzzy sights--- just like I'd have to do in a parking garage when I run into Bubba and his friends.

I might even suggest that not being so precise can be an advantage in that it lessens the "sights are on target--now!" syndrome that jerks the trigger while trying to be too precise. Not to say I wouldn't like to have my 20yr. old eyesight back.

I'm going to ask my optometrist if I can get glasses with that narrow focus point (front sight distance) enlarged at the expense of reading and long distance.

Last edited by Nnobby45; August 12, 2008 at 01:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.02417 seconds with 8 queries