View Single Post
Old September 11, 2006, 09:45 PM   #1
Trip20

Hunting Gear: Backpack - what works for you?

I’m in the market for a new backpack. The main use will be hunting. I’ll need the pack to be large enough to carry all the gear one would expect to use during a (hopefully) successful hunt, along with room for all of the other niceties one may wish to carry alone for an entire day in the wilderness. In addition, an internal beverage bladder would be a plus for convenience, but it’s not necessary.

There are two in the early 2006 fall catalogue I received from Cabela’s that have piqued my interest, but I’ve honestly never owned any Cabela’s brand apparel or gear. So in addition to any suggestions you have, what is your overall opinion of Cabela’s brand quality? Does it stand up to the abuse?

Here are the two Cabela’s packs I’m considering:

Cabela’s Bow/Rifle Pack.

Cabela’s Elite Scout Pack.

I realize that one of the above packs gives you hands-free capability by storing your bow/rifle, while the other pack does not offer this “feature”. I don’t mean to compare apples to oranges with these two packs, it’s just that I have no experience with a bow/rifle carrying “feature”. Therefore, I’m unable to discern if this is in fact something I’d use, or one of those things that is neat to have, but never gets used as it’s too much of a hassle.

I’m looking to you guys for advise in that area – those that have used a pack capable of carrying a rifle/bow. How well does it work (or not work), and how practical is that sort of feature.

In the past I’ve never used a pack specifically designed for a hunter. I’ve always used some general pack. They work fine, but I’d really like to upgrade a bit into something a bit more tailored for the job.

Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.02520 seconds with 8 queries