View Single Post
Old September 13, 2005, 03:48 PM   #17
blackmind

We Floridians won't have it better until October, when our "no-duty-to-retreat" law goes into effect. There will be no duty to retreat if you are in any place you are legally entitled to be; there will be civil liability shield if you shoot someone in lawful self defense; there will be presumption of lethal intent for anyone breaking forcefully into a home, entitling the occupants to use lethal force even in the absence of a weapon presented by the intruder.

I am very curious about what will happen if and when some home invaders (Palm Beach county, where I live, has a lot of burglaries and yes, occupied home invasions) get their asses blown away. There are a lot of loser teenager wayward youths around who think nothing of going around breaking in and taking electronics, jewelry, etc. I can't wait til their jerkoff parents find out that the son they exercised no control over, who they never taught right from wrong, got himself shot to death while terrorizing some family in their home, and they can't sue the homeowner who shot him. Maybe things will change for the better as a result of this law.

-blackmind

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries