View Single Post
Old March 2, 1999, 03:21 PM   #1
Rob Pincus

Okay, I've been stuck for a few days and am finally going to post this. Laugh if you will, but its been a few years since I've really gotten into messing with my 1911s very much. Been playing mostly with the tupperware and long guns.

So, here I am. I bought a drop in covnersion kit for a 1911. I installed it into an old IPSC gun that I had laying around. No problem.

Since the conversion uses standard .45 mags, I thought it would be nice to use the conversion in my Para-P14, to get some high capacity action going....

Well, I took the gun apart and re assembled it using the drop in parts. The slide release is through the link and fully seated, the recoil spring and bushing are in their proper positions. But, the slide isn't going fully forward. There is about 1/3 of an inch of slide sticking out behind the end of the frame. The barrel is locked up with the breech face and the compensator is seated around the bushing. What am I am I missing? What did I do wrong or what is different about the Para that is keeping this from working??

Page generated in 0.04854 seconds with 8 queries