View Single Post
Old November 17, 2001, 12:48 PM   #2
railroader

Just curious but why do you want to change the barrel? Do you just like the look of the stainless or is it because your barrel isn't accurate? I have a russian mak also. It it is a .380. The barrel in it was kinda overthroated so I would get bulges on my cases. I reload so I didn't want to take chances so I got another .380 barrel from navy arms http://navyarmsmsd.com/html/accessories.html. If your interested they have norinco barrels. They are blued and crome lined for $30. Anyway if you plan on changing the barrel it can be some work. With alot of maks you will need to buy a barrel press also to get the old barrel out and the new barrel in. I was able to change mine by pounding it out with a piece of hardwood so I didn't need the press. Lastly there are some very good deals on 9x18 ammo out there. You will find that if you go into your local gun store that .380 ammo can be kinda high in price and you won't find it on sale very often like you will 9mm, .40cal and .45. Just my thoughts. Mark

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 8 queries