View Single Post
Old June 20, 2014, 12:48 AM   #3
gyvel

Yeah, I know the supply is limited, but I figure S&W must have had some leftover parts (Numrich got a bunch of barrels and slides), but I was hoping there was a Smith collector who maybe had a stash of parts.

My situation is that I purchased an early model at a very reasonable price whose barrel was no good and was stripped of the entire recoil spring assembly. Meanwhile, I found a very nice complete barrel on eBay with all parts for $39.00, BUT...

The eBay barrel is from a late model and they have a few differences from early models, as least as far as the bolts are concerned. Every part from an early bolt will interchange with a late bolt except the bolt release catch, which is wider than the early model. It's not hard of a part for me to fabricate, but I was hoping to find a collector that might have one to save the trouble.

Regarding the physical differences in the bolts, the early bolts had a protruding guide which fit into a channel in the barrel extension. The late models have no protrusion and the barrels are not milled for the protruding guide and use side "skirts' to keep them centered on the frame.

I guess if I can't find someone who has that one part, I'll break down and make one.

(Like I need another project. )

Last edited by gyvel; June 20, 2014 at 12:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.03346 seconds with 8 queries