View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 04:48 PM   #25
SgtLumpy

I run a dry patch through the bbl and through the cylinder bores in a revolver before and after every shooting session. Other than that, I never use any kind of solvent like Hoppe's or Shooter's Choice. Once a year I use a tiny bit of Break Free CLP on all the bearing points and the bbl, but follow any bbl oil with clean patches till it's reasonably dry. I clean the face of revolver cylinders but I don't go overboard with them. They always have carbon on them.

I rarely shoot any non-jacketed ammo. If I do, I usually follow it with 50 rounds of jacketed at least. I used to typically shoot 200+ rounds per gun every week. Since "The Ammo Thing", I've cut that down to maybe just 50-100 every two weeks.

My pistols live in a safe that won't allow dust on them. Whatever I carry will collect lint from clothing. I wipe that off with one of those silicone impreg cloths, maybe a Q-tip.

But generally I don't clean them much. When I do, I use only CLP. And I shoot them a lot. To give you an idea of how LITTLE CLP I use, a 4 oz bottle lasts at least a decade for several guns and an occasional hinge or door lock.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

Last edited by SgtLumpy; February 16, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.05332 seconds with 8 queries