View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 01:46 PM   #5
Sevens

Quote:
I'm not trying to be difficult, but why are you looking for the cleanest possible powder? To avoid cleaning? Unlikely with any powder...
The Desert Eagle is a gas-op semi-auto with a port and a piston and the fouling does kind of go everywhere. In loading for a Desert Eagle, it can be quite advantageous to at least try to keep it clean if you can simply by choosing a powder that has the reputation for leaving less residue.

In my experience in loading for a .44 Mag Desert Eagle, I've ran 240gr jacketed slugs (Nosler) with a heavy charge of Alliant 2400. I haven't yet experimented with other powders to get a better feel for things.

One thing that is typically true with most powders is that they tend to run cleaner that harder you run them. 2400's reputation is that when you run it lighter, you end up with more unburnt granules of powder.

I consider my loading for a .44 Mag Desert Eagle to be very much a work in progress.

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries