View Single Post
Old May 8, 2011, 07:50 PM   #9
Doc Hoy

Zen

Dremel is cool but be careful how you use it. They are darned difficult to control in some instances.

I have a rechargeable job which I like. In fact I feel like I have a lot of tools but I still finish metal by hand.

You may be tempted to try the wire wheel on the metal but stay away from it. It'll do more harm than good. Go get yourself some cotton wheels and some rouge, or follow Kadmos advice. Most grinders move at 3400 rpms and that is what you need so your Dad's grinder is appropriate.

I am going to steer clear of the finishing of the wood for the grips. I am the world's worst wood refinisher.

Odd that 10s are too loose. If you got a cap fragment in the action, this did not occur necessarily because the cap was loose but because the design on the Colt seems to make it a cap vacuum.

On the other hand a loose fitting cap may have been the cause of the chain fire. I have had only one chain fire in my life and I am fairly certain it came from the nipple end of the cylinder. It was a brass frame revolver and it loosened up the arbor. Like you, I had to clean off the barrel lug (lead from the ball) but I retired the revolver because of the loose arbor. I may try tightening it up one of these days but just happy to have a wall hanger for now.

Page generated in 0.02361 seconds with 8 queries