View Single Post
Old December 2, 2010, 02:49 PM   #51
woodguru

I know a guy right here in Eldorado County that had a long private road he keeps a chain across. At one point he had a sign that said trespassers will be shot. The sheriff told him he had to take that down, he laughed and told him he didn't think it was fair not to warn someone before you shoot them, and added, allright, whatever, I have a backhoe and 40 acres. Bottom line is the guy grows pot, he invests a lot of money on all the right fertilizers and water PH balancers and works harder than most do on a full time job. Trespassers are those looking to steal his hard work and he has an attitude about that. It's thieves we are talking about no matter what it is the property owner is doing. It would be the same if he was growing legitimate ginseng with a high harvest value. Actually this guy stays within the boundaries of 20 plants so he doesn't get messed with by authorities, he's had the sheriff dept out inspecting his operation to make sure he isn't over the semi legal limits.

I don't agree with indiscriminate things like claymores, you have to have a visual on em.

I'll give you an example of protecting your property. My friend overheard a local sleazebag talking to a friend in a bar. He had been in my house doing drywall for the company I hired. He was talking to someone about the sheer raw value of some of the stuff I had in my house and the haul that could be made ripping me off.

The guy he was talking to told him he was idiotic even talking about it, he said Keith would kill anyone involved with touching his stuff, and added he has some of the baddest guns you've ever seen and knows how to use them. My friend told me that the underground word on messing with my stuff was that it was sheer suicide, that I'm totally psychotic. Most other people would have been ripped multiple times once the word was out that there was $400k worth of stereo equipment along with hundreds of thousands in coins and gems, and a bonus of some of the finer guns in the county. Getting ripped off in a small community is usually by someone with knowledge, preventing it is instilling fear of consequences that overcomes the greed of taking something that's not yours because you think you can get away with it.

Last edited by woodguru; December 2, 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.02843 seconds with 8 queries