View Single Post
Old February 8, 2019, 02:46 PM   #139
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
Post up your pics of deer shot with "common" defensive calibers including measurement to show how 380 does indistinguishable damage from 40 or 45 acp.

I'll say it ^ ain't happening; prove me wrong please.

Example: Here is lungs shot with 9mm HST wound measures .65 versus lungs shot with 45 HST wound is about .85

Like this:

You statement (point) is what?
If you are trying to convince me that 380 is equivalent to 9mm/40/45 it aint happening either.

In my experience some people expend a lot of effort trying to justify carrying a marginal caliber like 380 when the reality is they are unwilling (or unable due to work) to dress around something bigger than a small pocket gun, rather than admit it they rationalize the caliber.
bullet for bullet I don't think anyone is trying to say a smaller, lighter, and sometimes slower bullet it better. this thread started as an opinion seeking thread to make one feel better about something less than a .44 magnum. the size of the gun matters not only for concealability but for shootability. not everyone can dress around a large gun. not everyone can handle a larger caliber. an 8 shot .22lr LCR is better than a 5 shot .38spl LCR if the shooter can quickly and accurately hit with the first considerably better than they can with the second. no one is saying bullet for bullet the .22lr is better than the .38 spl.

Last edited by JERRYS.; February 9, 2019 at 08:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.02299 seconds with 8 queries