View Single Post
Old April 12, 2021, 06:12 PM   #7
FireForged

I am certainly not trying to talk people into avoiding training. I will say that I consider most concerns about not shooting regularly to be little more than drama. If you have attained any manner of "decent" skill with your pistol, I seriously doubt that 1, 2 or even 3 years of not pulling the trigger is going to cause such a degradation in skill that it will cause you to lose a fight you otherwise would have won if you had practiced regularly. Could it? sure.. anything is possible. Do I consider it probable? nope.

I have never in my lifetime, sat around dry firing a pistol. I have fired my gun thousands of times and I know how the trigger works. I am not likely to forget anytime soon and I dont fret over the fact that I have not shot a gun since Feb 2020. Others might, and that is fine. Like I said, i am not trying to talk anyone out of training. Its just that unless you are trying to maintain some extra-ordinary level of skill where a fraction of a second or a mere millimeter is going to truly matter, I dont think putting a thousand rounds down range each month or sitting around for hours dry firing a pistol- is all the crucial.

Before all this covid crap hit the fan, I was training ever 3 months. To be quite honest, I never noticed any measurable difference between quarterly training skill and the skill I had back in the 90s when I was shooting every week. Training is certainly not a bad thing.. train all you want. Lets just not cry about our current situation, I have a feeling that its going to be fine.

Last edited by FireForged; April 12, 2021 at 06:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.03253 seconds with 8 queries