View Single Post
Old November 30, 2011, 04:49 PM   #38
Patriot86

Quote:
the SWAT team could have come when Guerena was at work
That right there is the golden truth, it would have been safer for everyone involved if they would have raided the house when he left for work, the store or was at work rather than while he was home. The same type of thing started ruby ridge, they could have just let the situation diffuse itself and waited for the guy to go into town but they chose a militaristic responce.

On the OTHER side of the coin though: If you are dealing as a LEO with a typical drug guy, then he has no gainful employment. If he leaves yeah it might be to the store but it might just as well be he was tipped off and is fleeing from the law never to be seen again so they HAVE to strike when they KNOW where he is.

Some PD's don't have the money for a proper 24/7 detail to watch a guy so they might not have known every detail of this guys life, I think a big part of this story is missing and hopefully will come out so everything can start to fit together.

In regards to no-nocks I must say this is where I find some common ground with groups typically associated with the anti gun crowed. I think our police force has become over-militarized, they dont "talk" to people any more. Many PD's wont try to "work it out" with someone, Many PD's seem to lack proper training in diffusing situations leading to things like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc

Sometimes the best thing to do , LEO or not is to step back from a situation and defuse it.

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries