Thread: Glock 23 vs 27
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2011, 02:43 PM   #1
dc9137

Glock 23 vs 27

I’m taking my concealed carry class in December and want to get my carry gun soon so I can get plenty of range time before the class. I fired several different models (Kahr, Springfield, Glock) and have narrowed it down to Glock 23 or Glock 27. I went to the range and rented both to see which I like better and left more confused than I went in. I’m basing the decision on 4 key factors.
  • Accuracy - I have big hands and follow-on shots were more difficult with the 27. I had to adjust my grip sometimes which leads me to believe I would use a magazine with the finger extension so I could get a better grip (I’ve shot the 26 with extension and it was no problem). The problem is that if I do that, the handle would be very close to the size of the 23 so I would be better off with the larger frame right? That’s were I am having trouble because I was actually more accurate with the 27. Although they were relatively similar, my groups were consistently higher and to the left with the 23 while the 27 was more center mass.
  • Shootability - I went in assuming I would like the 23 better because it’s bigger. The 23 was definitely more comfortable to shoot, but the 27 was not uncomfortable at all.
  • Conceal ability - . I’m 6’3”, 205lbs so I’m pretty sure I’m big enough that either one could be concealed comfortably.
  • Capacity – 9 rounds with the 27 and 13 rounds with the 23. Assuming I carry at least one extra magazine is the 4 rounds enough to sway the decision to the 23?
I’m assuming I could work on my technique to get the 23 where it needs to be but is the first impression; “natural” feel more important? Since there weren’t any major differences between the two I’m sure I would be very satisfied with either one in the long run, but I would appreciate any feedback to help me make my decision.

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02332 seconds with 8 queries