Thread: What Rifle
View Single Post
Old August 31, 2008, 11:48 AM   #15
Citizen Carrier

Before I came to Kuwait I took some time to consider what kind of BPCR I wanted.

I considered a lot of options and sought many opinions. I wanted one for sillohuette, mid-range, and long range matches.

I considered High Wall copies, the CPA 44.5 action, various Italian models.

Like a lot of people, I narrowed it down to either a Rolling Block or a Sharps.

It was either going to be one of Pedersoli's John Bodine Rolling Blocks, Quigley model Sharps, or more expensive guns from Lone Star Rifles or C. Sharps company. I just wasn't going to wait that long for one of Shiloh's guns.

I happened to get a four day pass from Fort Hood and drove the 3 or so hours to Conroe, TX to visit Lone Star Rifles. After talking with Dave for two hours, it was clear I was going to get one of his Target model rolling block rifles.

It's being built now. I paid more for this rolling block than I would have for a Pedersoli John Bodine, but it meant something to me to have my money go to an American craftsman.

BTW, I handled a John Bodine two days later at Cabela's after placing my order with LSR. My reaction: I'd like to have one of those AND my Lone Star roller.

But then again, I am a nut...

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries