View Single Post
Old February 12, 2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

People who believe in their causes, truly believe, will not compromise their beliefs. The same can be found on the pro-gun side of the political field as well. They are proverbially sticking to their guns on the issue and are doing so at the risk of losing their jobs. The Dems did manage to defeat the bill, did they not?

Being critical of the opposition's strategy or tactics for not being very good when they have won the current battle is pretty pointless. They did win the current battle. They may lose some seats in November, but then again, they may gain some as well. That won't be determined until November. In the mean time, they are at least partially succeeding at what they set out to do...which means we are losing when they succeed, at least for the time being, but for the time being, that is the law, like it or not. Even if they lose some seats in November, that does not mean there will be enough momentum to actually get the laws changed back.

Page generated in 0.02470 seconds with 8 queries