View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 07:15 AM   #33
Beretta686

I love this forum! It's the perfect window into people's John Wayne fantasies.

Quote:
Thanks for giving me some good advice guys. My biggest fear is not the single intruder, but the rising occurance of multiple intruders breaking in. Currently i only own my 6 shot revolver, thats only 2 shots on 3 guys, assuming i dont miss, which in a fight i will miss.
You're kidding right? You really expect to be duking it in your living room with multiple determined assailants who will continue to press the attack in the face of armed resistance like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4, when he takes on an Army of thugs armed with automatic weapons with his Sig P220? I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

Evidently you've never actually seen what happens when someone lights off a round inside a building. I seriously doubt your home invaders are going to immediately execute Battle Drill React to Contact and engage you with suppressive fire. Rather I'd expect them to react with what's called "Death Blossom" as they immediately flee from your house and you're both left with short-term hearing loss from the concussive effects of the round being discharged in such a confined area. You may also notice the need to change your underwear.

Quote:
Nothing--as long as you are fully aware that it's a fantasy. Never lie to yourself.
Wise words indeed.

I confess that most every time I watch a Miami Vice rerun, I go get my MAC-10 from my safe and play with it while watching Crocket & Tubbs kick ass. But I know that's just fantasy not real life. Just as I know that for all the keyboard jocking everyone on here does, in the bizarre off chance it hits the fan and you have to actually use your weapon, you're going to be so scared you'll forget 99% of all the ninja stuff you read on the internet.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.03196 seconds with 8 queries