View Single Post
Old January 14, 2011, 12:01 PM   #12
Miami_JBT

Quote:
Alright....I love my 1911 and I love my Glock....I sleep with them both for home defense. I also carry them both (separately)

I love .45's and .40's...But I like .45's a tad more for home defense. I would like for them to fuse. Meaning; I want a home defense gun in .45, with a tactical rail for a bright bright light on the end. With a higher capacity than 8 rounds.

Glock 21 or XD(m) 45

My Glock 22 is a second gen, so no tac rail.

Sorry for the build-up, finally.....Which should I get, I am very familiar with Glocks and I have shot the XD and think it is a really good gun that comes with a nice extended mag. Both hold 13 rounds right? Of .45ACP

So may I please get some input on what you guys would pick if you were me and had to pick on of those two. I know I know, the whole "it's up to you" is played out lol I'm aware. I want some other input. Let's say someone offered you to pick one. Which one and why?

Thank you!

-C
Well as a Miami Native let me shed some info.....

I currently carry a GLOCK 22 Gen 3 as my duty firearm, own a Gen 4 22 and I owned a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 GLOCK 21. Sold that and Got a S&W M&P 45.... great striker fired pistol. Still have that and I also bought a FNP-45 USG. Love that gun. 15+1 of .45 ACP and it's no bigger then the GLOCK 22 and about the same thickness as my Beretta 92FS. I want another GLOCK 21 but I'm waiting for the Gen 4 to come out. No sense in getting a Gen 3 or a SF when the Gen 4 is right around the corner. GLOCK's pattern is this for release of their new designs.

GLOCK22/17
GLOCK19/23
GLOCK26/27
GLOCK21/20

That's how they did the RTF2 grip and that's the same pattern they've been doing with the Gen 4s.

So if you're going to get the GLOCK... wait for the Gen 4. They've already done the first three.

I'm not a fan of the XD series. They're not bad guns but they just don't sit right with me. More parts then needed, and the grip safety is a pain when it comes to shooting. If you're not holding it just right, the pistol doesn't function. Never been a fan of that. Can't even retract the slide to do a brass check unless you're holding down the grip safety.

I'd say if you want a .45 ACP then look at the following.

FNP-45 (Comes with 14rd and 15rd Mags)
S&W M&P 45 (10rd flush mag or 14rd extended mag)
Gen 4 GLOCK 21 (Coming out very soon. More then likely a SHOT Show release)

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries