View Single Post
Old July 3, 2010, 02:09 AM   #11
BillCA

A lot depends on the demeanor of the perp too. They guy who comes in, quietly displays the gun and demands cash is probably not a huge threat. He's come here to "do his business" and get out. He's a serious threat only if challenged precisely because he will probably fight to get away.

The violent ones who start smashing things in their impatience are the ones that are unpredictable. They're as likely to shoot the clerk on their way out as not. And as mentioned, you cannot easily determine what they'll do in advance.

I'm of the opinion, by the way, that you believe the threats made by a criminal, but never any promises he makes about anyone's safety. Give me the money and no one gets hurt! cannot be taken as a promise of anyone's safety. The mere presence of his weapon says "I will inflict serious bodily harm to get what I want" so the threat must be considered real

If you're behind the guy and he's not dancing about like Mohammed Ali, a downward shot between his C-3 to C-5 (neck) vertebra will end the situation almost instantly. The downward angle is to prevent the bullet from exiting the throat area travelling towards the victim. But any CNS hit above the ribcage will "turn off" his legs (among other things).

Page generated in 0.03321 seconds with 8 queries