Thread: Hunting Critics
View Single Post
Old October 20, 2009, 10:18 PM   #22
LHB1

Texas isn't Idaho nor Wyoming nor any other state with lots of public land for hunting. There is very little public land open to hunting in TX and LOTS of hunters. If you value your life, it is advisable to lease a farm/ranch/etc to hunt so you can know who else is hunting on the land. Also, much of the hunting area is so densely hunted that you just can't walk/stalk the deer as much as we would like to. I have walked/stalked deer a few times when hunting on large ranches with a small number of hunters where it could be done safely. It is just too dangerous with lots of hunters in a small area. The feeders are mostly to encourage deer to stay on your leased ranch and not go elsewhere. If they move just a short way, they may be on someone else's land and out of your reach. I have never shot a deer actually feeding at a feeder. IME it is mostly does and young bucks that come to feeders in daylight. I sit away from the feeder and look for bigger bucks keeping on the fringes or following the does. Often the deer come after we go back to camp and feeding actually occurs during night time.

Last edited by LHB1; October 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

Page generated in 0.03776 seconds with 8 queries