View Single Post
Old October 15, 2008, 12:56 PM   #9
BigJimP

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I understand family expenses ... I'm lucky, my kids are all grown .... grandkids aren't that expensive .... It's a nice luxury to be able to buy what I really want in terms of guns / and my wife is very tolerant - even though she really hates guns .... but you'll be there too when the kids are out on their own.

There isn't one right answer to most opinions on guns - and sometimes guys don't even know how to ask because they don't really have enough experience. But I also know I've spent a lot of money on guns over the years that just didn't perform like they should have, didn't fit right, etc. and if I had been able to find someone to counsel me at the time, it would have saved me many thousands of dollars on poor decisions.

I have a son in the Marine Corps - and he was telling me how well the Benelli M-4 was performing in the field ...... so I bought the Super Sport to see if it was really true on the civilian models as well. Then I had a clumsy cycling accident and fractured a shoulder blade - and I just couldn't shoot a 12ga
8 1/2 lb Browing Over Under for sporting clays week in and week out / the Benelli Super Sport helped me shoot, with some advil, while I was recovering that season - especially over a 2 or 3 day tournament - and still put out some heavy loads once in a while. I'm still not a semi-auto shotgun guy - but I do think the Benelli Comfort Tech system is pretty well engineered. In fact, I like it so much, I told my wife last year I needed to buy a 2nd one, for the grandkids, in 20 ga .....damned if she didn't say ok ... Good women are hard to find - get one, and hold onto her - even if she hates guns. Take care.

Page generated in 0.03488 seconds with 8 queries