View Single Post
Old October 12, 2002, 08:46 PM   #2
Alex Johnson

Track of the Wolf has a separate catalog called Special Projects that deals with castings for rare arms. I'm certain they would have the rest of the parts you need in the form of castings. Including new barrels manufactured by a custom maker at very reasonable prices. However, I would be skeptical to use the barrel that you describe for this purpose. If it is an original and in the condition you describe it would certainly be worth the price of the Lyman pistol you desire and it would be well worth selling it to a collector at that point. Another consideration is the strength of the barrel, steels in the last century were not as strong as current alloys and well I would not say that this barrel would necessarily dangerous to use, it would be somthing to consider.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Mark Twain

Page generated in 0.02250 seconds with 8 queries