View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 08:55 PM   #34
reynolds357

Shortwave, Having been both a SWAT team member and Police sniper, I have probably had close to 1000 people in my sights over my career. I work in a bit smaller, more laid back town now, but a few years back when I was executing a couple of drug raids each day I went to work, a lot of people got viewed through an aiming device. In building clearing, every thing you see(in one eye anyway) is seen through the aiming device of a sub-gun or M-4. All day, I keep a loaded hand gun pointed at some of the largest arteries and veins in my body. I dont worry about getting shot by my pistol just because its muzzle is pointing at me.
It is not a necessity to idiot proof every aspect of life. There comes a point when you have to trust your training, trust your proficiency and ability, trust your weapons system, and trust your skills in maintaining your weapons system to its proper functioning condition.
Having said that, I have never scoped a person in a hunting situation. A person and a deer move totally different. Pretty easy to tell them apart.

Last edited by reynolds357; August 26, 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries