View Single Post
Old November 1, 2010, 12:28 PM   #1
vikingm03

Remingtom model 10 shotgun, help wanted!

Hey everyone.

I have an old remington model 10 shotgun that i need some advice on fixing up or not. It needs a new stock and i have found a place that has one, but before i buy anything i want to find out about a few things that concern me. Ive taken the gun apart and everything looks ok, trigger and safety are in good working order, no damage that i can find, however...

The barrel wiggles. The model 10 has a strange (to me at least) design where the barrel threads onto the receiver and is quickly detachable. I have read a guide that says how to adjust the tightness of the barrel on the receiver, however i think i am out of adjustment room. The adjusting sleeve and the receiver have these teeth that need to line up, and so there is only about 45 degrees of adjustment in the adjusting sleeve before the teeth will not line up anymore. I have it at the tightest it will go on this 45 degree sweep, but the barrel still has a slight wiggle. If i were to go past the 45 degrees and do a full 360 so the teeth line up again, the barrel will not thread onto the receiver since it is too "tight" and the threads are not lining up anymore. So... is a slight wiggle normal for this shotgun? I suspect not, but thought i would ask. If not, What causes the barrel to come out of adjustment? In other words, how do i fix the problem?

Also, is there anything else that model 10 experts would suggest checking out before i start spending money to fix this thing up?

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03022 seconds with 8 queries