View Single Post
Old July 27, 2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Magnum Wheel Man

while without pics I'd agree... selling it seem like a good idea, unless he is sentimentally attached...

a while back I was going through Cabela's gun library & used guns, looking for double rifle project prospects... ( they had just recieved a large volume of old side by side double barrels from a large collection ) I settled on a Husquavarna that was strong & functional... but ended up buying several, the longer I looked, another "Husky" for a cut down coach gun, & at the advice of my local builder, he had me avoiding the Belgian shotguns, but I bought one anyway, that I thought was both particularly nice, & cheap ( $175.00 ) when I brought it to my builder to inspect, his jaw dropped... it turned out to be a high end gun... had a "dolls head" "greenier cross bolt" double locking lugs, nice grip caps, diecent wood, & some engraving, & fluid steel barrels with damascus look finish... he guessed it to be close to a $1,000.00 shotgun, that I'd just paid $175.00 for from Cabela's...

BTW... the high end guns are fewer & farther between than the cheap guns... also .410 doubles often carry a premium... so, most likely the gun is not worth $1000.00, but if it were a nice high end gun in .410, it could be worth more than that... it would be the best to get it positively identified, before selling it...

can you get any pics...

Page generated in 0.02606 seconds with 8 queries