View Single Post
Old January 2, 2000, 12:53 AM   #1
Josh D

I have about $100 to spend. I have to decide wether to get more ammo for my Garand, lures for bassin' this spring, or a Benchmade AFCK. Since I lost my Swiss Army Knife which I used all the time, I now have no knife at all. I shudder every time I think of this, so I will probably get the AFCK.

I will use it all the time for cutting rope, food, string, fishing line, etc., but since I will be getting the full size version, I will be able to use it in a defensive role, which I hope will never happen, but you never know. The only problem is, I have no martial arts, CQB, H2H, or knife training. If someone came running at me, the only thing I would know how to do is to side kick the person in the chest or gut, or duck out of the way.

I have neither the time or money to take classes or training, so are there any good books or instructional aids out there? I would like to learn how to use a knife defensively, and also how to do unarmed combat. I hear the USMC L.I.N.E. is pretty good, as that is what I want, more of a combat street fighting method instead of martial arts.

Any ideas would be helpful!

PS- Anyone have the AFCK full size partial serration in M2? That is what I am planning on getting.

And if I could, I would just employ my 92FS, but some of us aren't fortunate enough to have the CC option.

------------------
Don't turn around, uh oh oh, der kommisar is in town, uh oh oh!

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries