View Single Post
Old April 15, 2006, 03:15 AM   #72
NedreckSavant

Balog, Welcome back man, hope you don't ever have to go back.

Well, after mulling things over, I've changed my position. Now, before you call me wishy-washy or whatever hear me out. I honestly believed that here in tucson the land I stand on is our land. I felt that I've got just as much right to stand here as anyone else. I thought it wrong for a man to stand before a stranger and deny him passage somewhere else not knowing anything about who he is, what he's doing, where he's going or when he'll be back.

Since then I've come to further understand what the minutemen are doing and why they're doing it. I understand that they're having to do it because noone else is (suffeciently, what exactly DOES the border patrol need to do it? Why haven't the funds/manpower shown up yet?). We need much tighter borders and a more effective border patrol, but we also need an immigration system that doesn't make getting in equivalent to winning the lottery.

To the minutemen out there, please forgive my borderline racist insinuations, I had this silly thought that the minutemen consisted of a bunch of angry old white men with nothing better to do. I understand that you probably have a million things you'd rather be doing than trying to piss in this wind (sorry for equating that to what you're doing but if all the border patrol is doing is bussing them back to mexico does the boulder not roll back downhill the next day? I remember mytholgy, this was someone's hell!).

Hey, we're in the same shoes, I knocked up one of those crazy hispanic chicks too! Coincidentally she's all in favor of leaving their bones in the desert as warning to the others. I want everyone to know that I've got no right to draw any racist lines in the sand, not when my lil 'krackabean' looks that much like me...I lived my entire life hearing 'cracka' being the verbal equivalent of the n-word for white people. Only after moving to az did I realize that it was simply a fact of life. White people act white. Black people act black. Wonder what's going to happen one day when everyone's procreated till we're all the same color? Will borders matter as much when people on both sides of the fence are the same? Is this such a problem in canada?

I'm sorry that I started out with such a hippy ideal thinking that as north americans we were all in this together to a degree, that what's good for mehico is good for the us, and vice versa. I'd kinda hoped that a good strong leader could see this devastation as an opportunity to bring everyone up a notch. I believed that there lay a solution that could leave reasonable parties happy while being reasonably beneficial to everyone. Now I'm simply in favor of the fence/mine/fence solution, beyond that...my head's going back in the sand.

goodnite everyone, the kool-aid's makin me sleepy and my foil hat's on a bit too tight...

Last edited by NedreckSavant; April 15, 2006 at 03:51 AM.
NedreckSavant is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02590 seconds with 8 queries