View Single Post
Old October 28, 2005, 12:32 AM   #116
springmom

agree with blackmind

We live in a nice, middle-class, new neighborhood in Harris County. Some of our church friends live in VERY VERY nice, way-upper-middle-class areas in Sugarland, in Ft. Bend County. Others live in Katy and other points west. Home invasions and terrorizing of families on their driveways, people hiding around the corner of houses until somebody drives up then pistolwhipping and carjacking them IN THEIR OWN DRIVEWAYS happens out there with alarming regularity. I went out recently to the Bass Pro Shop out on I-10 west of town and was very thankful that I had my permit and therefore my gun... people get robbed and carjacked and assaulted in broad daylight.

Sadly, blackmind is right. No place is without crime. No home cannot be the target of a home invasion. Even if your life is squeaky clean and no drug lord has any reason to target you, maybe he gets your house instead of the one with the same address and appearance one block over. Or you live in Ft. Bend county, in some of the nicest and most expensive real estate outside River Oaks (the area of Houston where #41 lives), but you're not safe on your driveway.

I carry in the house, and I don't take my gun out of my skirt or pants unless I am getting in the bath or going to bed, and then it is available within reach. As a stay at home mom, I feel much safer with that on my person, alone during the day, even though we do live in a nice, neighbors-watch-out-for-one-another type neighborhood. My overinflated $.02.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.03464 seconds with 8 queries