View Single Post
Old October 21, 2021, 10:37 AM   #6
44 AMP
Staff

the 1927 Sistema Colt pistols are licensed built copies of the Colt. They were made to Colt design specs on tooling approved by Colt and Colt got paid for each one. Parts will interchange with Colt guns of the period. Yes, the front sight is staked to the slide, that's the way Colt did it!

The other .45 pistol you may find from Argentina is the Ballister Molina. It looks a lot like a Colt, 1911A1. but it is not. The internals are different. It was not licensed by Colt (because its not a Colt design, just nearly identical on the outside). Been a while, I might be wrong, I think Colt magazines will work, perhaps the barrel, but the rest of the parts won't interchange with Colts.

The Systema Colt is not a Colt, exactly, not made by Colt, but is physically the same as the Colt and I believe at least the first ones were made under Colt supervision. the markings are different, than a Colt, that's about it.

They were $300 guns when Colts were $500-600(new) no idea what today's market has them at. sorry.

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries