View Single Post
Old January 31, 2000, 07:27 PM   #1
Ankeny

Last fall I had some very enjoyable and successful hunts with my bow and arrow. I posted a couple of pictures here and I received some nice compliments and congratulatory remarks. A nice break from the flames I got in the “my Kimber is busted” thread. I also posted a picture of the neighbor’s kid with my Brook Trout mount.

I got the deer back from the taxidermist and it looks nice. He is working on the antelope now and the cape is fantastic. My taxidermist tells me the cape is in the top two or three he has ever seen. It most certainly is the nicest antelope cape I have seen and I have harvested 30 mature buck antelope in Wyoming and seen countless others. I have shot a dozen larger antelope with a rifle, but an animal like this with a bow is truly a first class trophy.

Today I got the paperwork back from Safari Club International. The pronghorn and mule deer both went Gold Medal. The antelope is number 29 in the record book and the mule deer is number 14. It gets better. Even though the paperwork isn’t processed on the fish, it looks like it will be a line class World Record. By the way, the antelope and deer were both taken less than 60 minutes from where I live and the fish was caught only three hours from here. Now you know why I stay in this desolate place. Don’t even think of moving here. You would hate it. 

Anyhow, just thought I would share my exuberance. It is kind of nice to see all of the countless hours of practice pay off in the field. Good luck to all of you and I hope your experiences are as memorable for you as mine have been for me.

Page generated in 0.05441 seconds with 8 queries