View Single Post
Old April 14, 2005, 09:56 AM   #3
bill k

I'm one the the people that just thinks this won't happen where I live. My wife and I live in a fairly affluent neighborhood and pretty much mind our own business. Crimes such as this happen in LA, Dallas, and other large cities.

The trouble is, day before yesterday there were three daytime home invasion robberies in various areas of our town. The day before there were two in a little town 25 miles away. The police believe it's the same group of punks.

Three nights ago some dip**** empties out my hunting trailer which was parked next to my two sleeping guard dogs.

Now I'm paranoid, how do I protect my family and myself? I keep my doors deadbolted, I set my security system at night now when I'm in bed, I have a pistol in my desk drawer, a pistol on the top of the TV in the bedroom, and have two little dogs that bark if a flea farts.

I refused to carry a firearm in my home prior to these insidents but am reconsidering.

So I guess my question is what other measures should I take? I'm not too worried about myself but my wife. I spend every other week on my small ranch so my wife is alone.

Any suggestions,

Bill

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries