Thread: AR Stoner upper
View Single Post
Old June 5, 2019, 09:29 PM   #7
stagpanther

Quote:
Stagpanther, comparing apples, and apples the 450 Bushmaster AR Stoner upper from Midway is $319, and free shipping. They also have a 458 Socom listed, but out of stock. It's price before shipping, and sales tax is $599. Two hundered eighty bucks will buy a lot of brass, bullets, or loaded ammo. Or another complete upper for another build.
Looking just strictly at loaded ammo, Hornady 's 450 Bushmaster FTX load is right there with their Leverevolution 45-70 rounds. So in comparison, even with a few thousandth of an inch bullet diameter difference, the 450 Bushmaster is very much an AR based, semi-automatic 45-70.
Purely subjective--but the 458 socom is the better designed cartridge between the two IMO--and nobody makes them better--again just my opinion--than Tromix. A few hundred bucks more maybe. But you're going to feel that power banging away at every component in the AR with every shot, one reason I feel it's worth the extra money. I happen to think the field of 458 projectiles is better, too, than those for the 450. Either way you'll need a large ejection port and special bolt; your shoulder will thank you for a good compensator as well.

Page generated in 0.02835 seconds with 8 queries