View Single Post
Old September 11, 2011, 02:50 PM   #16
hermannr

The people that cannot carry legally will hide their weapon. They do not want to attract attention to themselves. Those that want to use that weapon for an illegal purpose also will conceal it so they do not attract attention.

The person that legally OC's their weapon is not a criminal, but a law abiding citizen, he has nothing to hide, so he does not hde his legal carry weapon.

Here in WA, and next door in Idaho, Oregon and Montana, OC is completely legal, always has been, and is common. Very few MWAG calls are made because of it, and most of them come in big metro centers like Seattle. Out here where I live the police will not even respond to a MWAG call if the person has his weapon holstered and is doing nothing illegal. I can even walk into my bank OC and no-one will even notice, and if they notice, they say nothing.

May I add: A while back, on another forum, there was a discussion about OC into a contract liqueur store (it is by law specifically legal to carry into a state liqueur store), so I went to town, OC, walked into our local contract liqueur store and asked the owner. She said "everybody does it in here all the time"...like I said, there are no problems when it is a common occurance.

It may upset someone? Rosa Parks sitting in the front of the bus upset a lot of people in Alabama back in 1955. All I can say is "good for her", those people "offended" needed to be offended. The same goes for the people that wish to restrict our right to carry. They need to be offended, until they understand that the RIGHT to carry is just as normal as a black person is sitting in the front of the bus.

Last edited by hermannr; September 11, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.02801 seconds with 8 queries